Delicious Italian Lasagna Recipe
Description: Mike Carioscia | Founder
- Total time: 2 hours 30 minutes (Prep: 1 hr. 30 min. Cooking: 1hr.)
- Servings: 12
- 1 1⁄2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1⁄2 lb Italian sausage
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Salt, to taste
- Ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans whole tomatoes, undrained and chopped (or canned chopped tomatoes)
- 2 (6 ounce) cans tomato paste
- 24 ounces ricotta cheese
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons parsley
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1lb mozzarella cheese, divided
- 12 -15lasagna noodles
- Cook ground beef, Italian sausage, onion and garlic until browned
- Add salt, pepper, parsley, oregano, basil, chopped tomatoes with juice, and tomato paste. Stir until everything is mixed together well.
- Cover and let simmer for 1 hour.
- Cook lasagna noodles according to package directions; drain and set aside.
- Spray a 13 x 9" baking pan with cooking spray.
- Combine Ricotta cheese, eggs, pepper, 2 tablespoons parsley, Parmesan cheese and 1/2 1lb of mozzarella cheese; In a lasagna pan, layer noodles, meat sauce, and cheese mixture; repeat.
- Top off with layer of noodles; sprinkle evenly with remaining mozzarella cheese; make sure to cover noodles completely.
- Bake at 375F for 40-60 minutes, or until cheese mixture is thoroughly melted.
- Let sit for 15 minutes before cutting and serving.